Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hard Days and Good Nights

You know its interesting how you never realize how busy your life is until you are free from all responsibility and distractions. Being at the lake for a week has giving me the chance to relax, train, and unwind. The week wrapped up with about 20hrs of solid training. During the day I consistently pushed myself to the brink of total exhaustion, then recovering for the next day where I would do it all again. But in that down time, i had the chance to read a book w/my feet in the hot tub while watching the sun set and the stars come out. I also visited relatives from out of town, ate my favorite meal at camp, and even did a little fishing. To me, this is what a vacation is all about, the only thing I'm missing is someone to share it with, but sometimes its good to have some alone time.
In other news, I'm excited to announce that for the first time in my triathlon career I have a COACH! His name is Muddy Waters. Here is a link to his website: http://www.coachmuddy.com/home
I'm real excited to start working with him and hope that together, we can reach my full potential. FYI, raced Bridgeland Triathlon today. Came in 4th Overall w/the fastest bike split (30mph for 13.5 miles). Felt good, but there was some tough competition on the run. Will post a race report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment